Thursday, January 9, 2014

HERO PROFILE #18: The Human Fly


Operated out of
: Montreal

Active: Mid- late 1970s

Activities: Costumed, charitable stuntman

Status: Unknown

Author's notes: In my book, Heroes in the Night: Inside the Real Life Superhero Movement, I have a chapter titled "Early Prototypes." One of the real life precursors to the RLSH movement that I briefly talk about is the story of a mysterious stuntman known as the Human Fly. After a little digging, I found more on the story thanks to a filmmaker who has been exploring the Fly's story for quite sometime.

I was able to funnel this info into a more in-depth look at the story in an article recently posted at Pop Mythology, which you can read here:

Pretty Fly for a Daredevil Guy: the Return of the Human Fly 

---------
HEROES IN THE NIGHT, available  at IPG///BARNES & NOBLE///AMAZON///POWELL'S///INDIEBOUND///iTUNES///MICROCOSM
Add us on:
GOODREADS///FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment