Thursday, December 17, 2009

WHAT'S THE WORD? 56,500!

Here's an official word count update. Currently have approx. 56,500 words!
I'm projecting approx. 80- 85,000 words, so you can see some major progress has been made. Chapters 1-7 look pretty solid in a first draft, and the chapters after that are in various stages of completion. Chapter 8, for example is going to be one of the longest chapters of the book, and I've barely gotten a start on it, but Chapter 9 about 95 percent done.

I still have a few more interviews I'd like to see done, and there is a couple of road trips I'd like to get in to make the content that much better. For example, if there is any way I can make it work, I'd like to go to Vancouver late February, and I'd still like to take a long weekend trip to New York and Philadelphia. There is also potential for short trips to LA and Salt Lake City.

So, there is still quite a lot to do, but it's nice to see everything take a more solid form.
The bear went over the mountain! Progress!

2 comments: